Monday, January 17, 2011

Like I wanted to hear your voice anyway!

OMG I saw you called lol!  what did you need???

Of course behind this lies a perfectly worded, explanatory, and concise voice mail describing each and every detail of the 30 minute text conversation that is about to ensue.  But why save time when we can furiously abbreviate already short phrases with a flurry of lol, brb, rofl, and omfgtih's!(Ok I made that last one up "Oh My Fucking God That Is Hilarious"  Catchy though right?) 

Daydream with me for a second... I am cruising around in a 1989 Ford Pinto blasting Vanilla Ice, sans bluetooth of course.  When all of a sudden I missed a call!  What is that tiny little phone icon in the corner?  Who knows!  So I decide to ignore it and send a quick text reply whilst driving with my left knee and eating a taco courtesy the local eatery.  Moments later my power steering gives out rendering the leverage my knee puts forth useless, now im barreling out of control going 25 down the town side street.  Oh no, a lost puppy in the road!  Squeeelllll... Screeeech... Sweeeerve... thank goodness we avoided the crash and the puppy is ok!!!  Of course the Pinto didn't make out as clean, suffering catastrophic taco stains to the rear and passenger upholstery. 

Now, not only am I stuck with a grade E beef stained car, but I am hungry and have wasted a perfectly good dollar only to create the newest taco rendition...The Whirlwind beefy cheesy surprise(.99 cents for a limited time only).  

What have we learned here today?  Well for starters, read the manual with your phone that tells you what the voice mail icon looks like! For the men out there I know this is unrealistic so simply hit buttons until you figure it out.  And second, voice mail is a great service that deserves better than an undignified text response questioning the very livelihood that is the 30 second message so thoughtfully left in your in-box!

Puppies and Pintos around the world thank you for you consideration of the above article.

No comments:

Post a Comment